Thanks Dieter. I will look into using the zope 3 views in 2.10 and
compare their performance with DTML. BTW, I hope plone people
understand that I am a big fan of plone, zope 3 and zpt. They just
don't fit my current application.

@quizzical:  As others have pointed out, zope really excels at
handling semi-structured data.  In addition, zope 2 (and maybe 3) is
easier to administer than a relational database so it is a database
that you can distribute to power users.

Tim