Given the comments I received for the http-module I fear that the way I am
disconnecting from cloudant is not correct, because curl_global_init/cleanup
must not be called multiple times from different modules.
I tried disconnecting invoking an XQuery function but this does not work
because the static context is already destroyed. I left it commented in case my
code was just wrong.

If disconnecting via XQuery is not possible, i guess we can:
1) avoid loggin in. There is another way of communicating with cloudant where
each request contains user and password.
2) not disconnect.
3) share the singleton class which manages curl for the http client
Do you have another idea or a hint?

Thanks
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/feature-cloudant/+merge/177111