On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:57:35AM +0200, Guido Gonzato wrote:
> the FAQ should be updated. In actual fact, many ABC applications support
> dynamics; abcm2ps, jaabc2ps, abc2midi, to name but a few. Please check out
> the ABC draft, http://www.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc/abc-draft.txt

I'll take this time to announce that I am working on a "libabc" that
eventually will handle abc file parsing so that development of new abc
applications is easier.

> I can't help you here. It looks like most ABC programmers add their own
> extensions to ABC to make it suitable for classical music or else, so adding
> decos for jazz would be just fine. (IMHO.) It breaks the standard, though.

I'd also like to announce that I will be making the following amendments
to the standard in libabc:

& and && operators:
    The & operator will be used for splits into 2 voices in a single
    measure, thus:

    |F2A2Bc&F2c2bc|

    The && operator will support direct overlay of two lines of music,
    similar to the & operator, but without forcing stem direction.

(&...&...) and (&&...&&...) operators:
    These are similar to the & and && operators, but operate on multiple
    measures of music, thus:

    |!f!(&GG<G|GG F=E| E2  E(_D/E)|_D D  C      D |C4- |C
         &DC<C|CC_D C|=B,2_B,B,   |_A,A,(G,/A,/)B,|F,4-|F,)zzD=E|

    (For &&, this can be extended to N lines, e.g.

.- and -- operators:
    Dotted and dashed ties (not sure about these two)

.(...) operator:
    Dotted slurs (not sure about this one)

If anyone thinks that these should be something else, please tell me!

--
Taral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.

PGP signature