On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:56:15PM +0100, Richard Robinson wrote:
> >     |F2A2Bc&F2c2bc|
>
> Is this the same syntax that abc2mtex used to use ? And, is there much abc
> out there that uses it ? I used to have a few, I _think_ I've migrated
> them all to use the newer and easier "V:" - being 2-part all the way. This
> coud well make it easier to drop an extra voice in for just a few
> measures, but backwards-compatability issues can be a pain ...

I'm mostly foregoing backwards compatibility in the case of new features
like this. I'll check on abc2mtex.

> > .- and -- operators:
> >     Dotted and dashed ties (not sure about these two)
>
> As a shorthand for "(ab.)", do you mean ?
>
> > .(...) operator:
> >     Dotted slurs (not sure about this one)
>
> like "(a.b.c.d.)" ?
>
> I wonder if these are worth it ? Or do I misunderstand ?

No, no, these aren't syntactic sugar. I need ties where the curved line
which is drawn is made of dots or dashes to indicate that the two notes
in question are not always tied together (different voices/verses, for
example).

--
Taral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.

PGP signature