On Tuesday 23 October 2001 08:30, Laura Conrad wrote:

> So I refuse to get excited about an ABC application just because it
> implements new, potentially useful features.  What we need is a
> developer who is going to:
>
>         Use open source, so that anyone can fix bugs.
>
>         Roll contributions from other people into the source.
>
>         Implement the standard as written.
>
>         Clearly label any extensions to the standard used by the
>         program.
>
>         Write code that can be worked on by multiple people. The fact
>         that abc2ps isn't written this way is probably one of the
>         major reasons for the situation described above.

I like all of these ideas. There is certainly enough talent on this list to
do it.

Has anyone attempted to map the existing and/or proposed standards to a set
of use cases? Would such a non-platform-specific documentation method be of
any value in helping developers using a variety of platforms and development
tools to sort through the details? I'm thinking particularly of anyone who is
in the beginning stages of developing an application. ?

Wendy