Strange, it works for me. can you send me your config file? Concerning "the right place": As it was discussed here, it would be certainly better to move the reply-sending to a request handling thread (or a spooling thread like in naviserver), simply to be sure that the driver is never blocking. This should not be complicated, but i simply did not have to time, and i see no reason, why replying from the driver should not work.

-gustaf