  Searching for an E38 740i or 740iL.
  Re: Searching for an E38 740i or 740iL.
  Re: Found on CL: "2001 BMW M5 - FOR SALE!!! good CONDITION!! NEG - $16000"

Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:12:01 -0500
From: "Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Searching for an E38 740i or 740iL.

Due to technical difficulties with posting addresses, this is being posted
for Jack Money.  If replying privately, please write directly to Jack:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message:

I'm starting my search for an E38 740i or 740iL.  I'm also starting to learn
about these things so bear with me if I have stupid requests or questions
please.  Reason for the purchase is that I need a family hauler and the rear
seat needs to be wide enough to accomodate, reasonably, 3 child car seats.
All seats face forward, 2 are regular 3pt harness toddler seats (Britax) and
the 3rd is for a booster seat (full seat though).  So the nitty gritty is
that I would like to find something with the following qualities in no
particular order (note that some are more important than others and I've
noted that):

1.  Prefer black or gray or darker exterior
2.  NO tan/beige/brown interiors, I've seen enough dirty diapers
3.  Prefer an iL for extra interior space but maybe that's not a big deal
4.  Budget is a pretty strict $8k (well, maybe 10% higher for the right car)
so higher mileage and a bit older is obviously the target (From what I've
seen I should be able to get a  decent '98 with 100kish miles)
5.  I'm near Detroit but would prefer to find a car near Brett Anderson in
Ohio (Cleveland/Akron area).  I will travel for the right car but if it's
from an unknown seller I will want a very thorough PPI
6.  Good records are a big plus, especially for higher mileage cars

I am looking to purchase anytime in the next 2-6 weeks.  I'll be leaving for
NC for a vacation on 12/17 returning just before New Years so that time
period I will certainly be online but not really avaialble for shopping,
especially in OH. ; )  That's all I can think of for requirements for the
time being.  I'm looking to learn more as well.  I've currently been
checking out e38.org but if someone has suggestions for other good knowledge
bases I'd love to hear about them.  Thanks all.

Jack Money
Elephant Motorsports
http://www.elephantmotorsports.com

> Due to technical difficulties with posting addresses, this is being posted
> for Jack Money.  If replying privately, please write directly to Jack:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I believe that there is a typo in Jack's email address above.

I think that it should be [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dean