On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 04:49:55PM +0100, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> Updated write-up is online and reads now as following:

< Snip >

Again. Even if DVD+RW is "superior". What does it REALLY buy you?

Excluding the 0.01% of the person that can actually use some or all of
the benefits.

There are 99.99% of the people that don't care and/or don't need such
benefits.

To take myself. I burn for about 6 years now. I have NEVER used CD-RW
(Actually the DVD-Burner is my first burner that supports CD-RW and i
would NEVER use my DVD burner to burn CD-R(W)) and i have NEVER used
multisession or things like that (This includes packetwriting which is
only other way to gain the (same/similar) effect that you can get with
multisession).
And i don't know any person in my surrounding that uses/needs such a
feature.

To say it simple: The price-tag and/or the availability will settle the
DVD(+/-)R(W) "war".
(Or all manufractory will make drives like the announced drive from sony,
that supports both formats. Then the price-tag of the media will settle
the "war")

Bis denn