>From: Matthias Schniedermeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>A few month ago i even read an articel in our "Linux Magazin" about the
>"2GB Barrier" (The Topic was DVD-Recording). I felt like beeing warped
>back into the stoneage. :-)

Well, this is Linux :-(

Most OS did support large files in 1995. Linux ignored it for many years.

OTOS, As MAC (OS < X) systems do not support large files, DVD-video does not
use files > 2 GB and splits into smaller peeces.

But back to the original problem: the 2 GB barrier never has been a problem
for DVD writing via cdrecord+mkisofs.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling