-Caveat Lector-

Even given that the details you give may be correct June though, the fact
that there is a time similarity between a solstice celebration and Christmas
doesn't mean that there has been no history of Christmas celebrations over
the last 2,000 years.  The holiday was kept alive by its association with
Christianity rather than the other way around.  I really don't think that
those who celebrate the Winter Holidays are calling themselves pagans because
the time frame is there.  (It would be an interesting twist..."Communities
can't publicly celebrate the Winter Holidays because of separation of state
and grove.")

The thread is titled "Is this the end of Christmas in America?"  The answer
is really no.  In the same way that the holidays of Judaism are really
irrelevant to the larger community, so it will be with the Christian
holidays, believers in monotheistic religion becoming a rather quaint subset
of the larger community.  Communities are held together by shared rituals
among other things.  Winter Holidays is such a forced, shared ritual. In time
we Jews will be asked why we aren't celebrating Winter Holidays with the rest
of the community?  What will our answer be?  It certainly has been much
easier for us to answer why we don't celebrate Christmas.

Anyway, redefining how that day in December is to be celebrated is only one
part of the ongoing change to irrelevance of the monotheistic religions to
life in the New World Order.  As Mortimer Adler wrote, the New World Order
must have a culture in common, and Judaism, Christianity and Islam are not
acceptable.