Christian Schoepplein, le mar. 12 sept. 2023 09:02:40 +0200, a ecrit:
> The following command displays
> the output in a long line instead dividing it into seperate lines:
>
> translate -i occure

On my system it does output

Vorkommen {n} (von etw.) [min.] | Erdölvorkommen {n} | Vorkommen [...]

So it's the output of the command itself which is a one-liner, mate&orca
can't do anything about it :)

> Also the problem that the screen content is not refreshed when deleting
> lines in a long text e.g. in the nano editor is still there. Just try the
> following:
>
> ls -1 /dev > test.txt
>
> Open the test.txt file, scrol down some pages and then delete a line with
> ctrl+k.
>
> On my machine I have to clear the screen with ctrl+l to see that the line
> has been removed on the braille display.

You mean that the braille display is still showing the very line you
wanted to remove? I am not able to reproduce this. Just to be precise:

- nano test.txt
- press page down
(get to some line shown on the braille display)
- press control-k
(the line is supposed to be replaced by the next line on the braille
display)

Do you perhaps have some particular configuration in nano?

Samuel