Hi Samuel,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2023 at 11:03:01PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Which exact version are you testing? Please use
>
>dpkg -l libvte-2.91-0:amd64
>
>otherwise I cannot say anything about your results. My package with
>latest changes is versioned 0.73.99-1+fix, not 0.74.

I got version 0.74.0-2 while updating my system today. Thats why your
packages got overwritten.

But I've managed to install the older packages with the fix from your repo
now  and everything is fine again.

>> Whats the current state of the bug?
>
>We are waiting for feedback to make sure that things are fixed without
>introducing regressions.

OK, thanks for the update. Hope the fix will make it to the official libvte
package soon.

>> Can I somehow install the old 0.73 packages from your repo,
>
>Sure, see the readme file.
>
>> Samuel, or can you provide the 0.74 packages with the fix please or
>> shall I try to build the new packages myself and include the patch?
>
>No need to build anything, just pick up my packages.

As said, I've managed to install the older packages now and everything is
fine again. But the newer packages from the updates still want to be
installed when running

apt upgrade

I gues I've to pinn the libvte package to the version from your repo to
exclude this packages from the updates till the fix has made it into a newer
debian package?

Ciao,

  Schoepp