Hi Samuel,

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 10:31:27PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Samuel Thibault, le mar. 12 sept. 2023 14:07:35 +0200, a ecrit:
>> Christian Schoepplein, le mar. 12 sept. 2023 10:38:02 +0200, a ecrit:
>> > But I noticed another thing. When I switch away from the terminal, e.g.
>> > into
>> > another terminal, and then switch back into the terminal with the
>> > translate
>> > command everything looks good and the output is in a seperate line.
>> > Strange...
>>
>> Ok, I guess I see what you mean.
>
>No, I had misunderstood, I didn't realize that you were saying that the
>command and its output were getting glued together on the same line.
>
>Apparently brltty gets a bit confused when removing the trailing '\n'.
>Better be safe with screen readers and keep it always, I have updated
>the patches and the built package.

Thank you very much. The new packages from yesterday evening are a big
progress and IMHO the biggest issues I had with the terminal seem to be
fixed now. This is so much better now, really great!

There is still an issue when deleting lines in nano, but unfortunately I can
not reproduce this behaviour all the time and I only have it in mutt. I'll
try to find out if this is related to some settings in mutt.

Also in nano sometimes empty lines are not always shown correctly on the
brailledevice when navigating through a file. This seems also to be an issue
with brltty I think, because it only occures if I navigate the text with the
keyboard and not with the brailledisplay. I'll also try to find out more
about it and report back if I have a way how to reproduce it.

Ciao and thank you so much again,

  Schoepp