Hi Samuel and all,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 02:27:41AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>I have updated https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vte/-/issues/88 with an
>improved patch. Could people try it? I have also uploaded patched Debian
>packages on https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/trixie-tmp/

I was on vacation for three weeks and updated my Debian testing system
today. Also the libvte packages have been updated to a newer version, 0.74,
and the packages with all fixes from your repo, Samuel, that worked so fine
with the terminal have been overwritten. With this newer versions of the
packages at least some problems that have been fixed before do occure again.
E.g. the screen is ruptured again when using apt and the progressbar is
displayed at the bottom of the screen. Also I was able to use vim perfectly
with the 0.73 packages, with the new 0.74 versions the focus again is moved
to the command line of the editor.

I took a look at the bug report and into the changelogs, but its not really
clear to me, if the fixes are included in the 0.74 version now or if they
are still not included. Whats the current state of the bug? Is the fix
included in the 0.74 packages or are the problems, that I have now, new?

Can I somehow install the old 0.73 packages from your repo, Samuel, or can
you provide the 0.74 packages with the fix please or shall I try to build
the new packages myself and include the patch?

Ciao and thanks for your help,

  Schoepp