Hi Mathias,

Mathias Bauer a écrit :
I'm not sure if we understand each other. :-)
I just wanted to know if you think that your work on using png for the splash
screen still makes sense even if it will be thrown out with the
native splash screen loader in a few weeks or months. Sorry for being unclear.

This is clear, and ... well, to be honest, " my work " is not the central point. The important point is work together, learn from each other, and if I can, atttract more students, to attract new devs.

I know I'm not a good dev (this is even not my real job ! ), but I think I can contribute, and bring something interesting for the project. Thus, if my code is accepted I'll be glad, if not, and if this is justified, I'll accept, without any problem.

As I wrote, this implementation of the png loader is a short term vision, an I'm interested to contribute for the performance improvement. Could you provide me some links where I can find what has been said /done and or technical considerations, about the native splashscreen you are talking about ?

... If I'm welcome, of course :-)

Regards,
Eric Bachard
--