From: Ryan Foster

No, I don't hate footers ;).

The originally thinking was to give the backend look and feel a more "desktop"
like feeling, where most of the information and
navigation is located in sidebars, file menus, tabs, etc.  Following that line of
thinking, maybe we put a "help" link in the header
right next to preferences that drops down in a similar fashion to show
copyright, link to apache, etc.  This would function exactly
the same way that the help link functions in apps like Firefox, Mac Mail,
Outlook, Word, etc.  We could even put a simple keyword
search field in this section that searches docs.ofbiz.org.  See the screenshot
below for an example:

Ryan Foster

Hi Ryan,

Yes great idea, I like it :o)

There are still issues related to font sizes, but clearly people not involved
in previous UI developments (who have an exernal look)
prefer far more the new one (more easy to read they say). Even in the order
view case which was a problem for me (is still but I
have to get used to I guess ;o).

BTW, I opened a Jira issue for the small issues I found in Confluence so far

Thanks