Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Dan Brown wrote:
>
> > Quoting Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > Wouldn't this be better done:
> > >
> > > /sbin/e-smith/signal-event restore-tape

Right idea...

> >     That would defeat at least one of my purposes for wanting this,
that
> > being to restore _everything_ from the backup, including other
software
> > (upgraded RPMs, web apps in /opt, etc.).  Unless I'm misreading the
tape-
> > restore-flexbackup script...

Correct comment.

> Our recommended solution to that is to store your additional RPMs in an
> i-bay, and re-install from there (scripted in ks.cfg if you wish).
> Restoring a system is usually a good opportunity to get rid of cobwebs
and
> leftover guff, so I'd rather just restore use data, and re-install
system
> software. YMMV.

I think the best solution is always to provide choices and let the user
decide.  What we need in addition to the restore-tape event is a
restore-tape-full event.  I'll add this to my Todo list and release the rpm
as time permits.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com