On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 05:28:09PM -0500, Dan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > From: Rich Lafferty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > > http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download.html
> >
> > Alas, it blew up spectacularly for me. I mean *spectactularly*.
> > I've never seen a shell die with a floating point exception before.
> > :-)
>
>       I had the same result (more specifically, it seemed to be
> mondo-tarme that died and dumped core, but at least mondo-tarme is a
> binary, not a script).  His FAQ has this to say:

I was talking to Charlie today, and I've realized I've greatly
underestimated what's already available. Essentially, right now
you can do a desktop or tape backup, and with your reinstallation
floppy, your SME Server CD, and that tape, rebuild the system. (Of
course, it's much easier for us than for Hugo, as we need to support
precisely one distribution and require that the restorer have OS
media. :-)

So the only outstanding thing is multivolume CD backups. I suspect
that doesn't need anything as, erm, elephantine as mondo. :-)

  -Rich

       Technical Support Engineer, Network Server Solutions Group
    Mitel Networks, Ottawa, ON                        (613) 751-4404