On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:32, Dan Brown wrote:

>       Also, unless I'm pretty far off base, it shouldn't take much
> tinkering to be able to restore a non-RAID system to a RAID one, or
> vice versa.  Seems like this could be a useful feature.

Wouldn't that require dynamic reconfiguration of (at *minimum*) /etc/fstab,
and proabably /home/e-smith/configuration to replace /dev/hd* and /dev/sd*
with /dev/md* entries?  I guess that wouldn't be *too* difficult to do, but
you'd want to be sure you caught all drive mapping locations (templated or
otherwise) otherwise you'd end up with a real mess...