Hi Adam,

I have to second Tobias' remark below; for long-term sustainability,
rolling your own site presents a problem. I'm sure it's easiest for
your developers to work on the way it is now, but it also means that
TIG must commit to the ongoing maintenance and development of the
site. Since the topic of DDN's sustainability is being raised, I'm
guessing this is causing significant overhead on your end.

It also presents a barrier to entry for other folks who might want to
help out, and means that any new functionality can't be contributed by
the open source ecology, but happens when a. TIG writes the code and
b. TIG ports the code to the DDN instance. My understanding is that
open platforms like Drupal are growing faster than TIG, so this can be
frustrating.

I think TIG's done an awesome job shepherding DDN these past few years
(with no budget!), but I worry about the limitations of a proprietary
platform for a movement with little financial resources.

I can volunteer to help with the email queue, if you have a system set
up for volunteer moderators.

Thanks!

   Dave.