From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Churvis
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:38 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Adobe Donating Flash Scripting Engine to Mozilla

Among other things, it means that when the time comes (relatively soon), Adobe will most likely wash their hands clean of ColdFusion via the open source route as well, rather than by trying to dump it on another company.

But it most likely also signifies that Adobe realizes its Flash-centric development model and tools cannot keep pace with Microsoft's XAML-based offerings.  When you compare the two, Flash-based development looks like an unwieldy cobbled together tinkertoy.  And there just isn't enough Adobe funding available to change that in any significant way, so they "give it up to the people" and let them join in for free.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee