> I think the above response is drawing some pretty large conclusions
> that aren't based on any substantiated facts.

You don't really need (and will probably not have) any substantiated facts at hand when drawing conclusions about future actions a public company might take.  All you have is instinct, an understanding of what truly drives public companies, market forces, technology innovations, etc, to guide you.  Licking your finger and sticking it in the air to tell which way the wind blows helps, too.

How are you ever going to have any substantiated facts that tell you in plain terms what a company definitely will do?  The facts that are released to the public have been thoroughly sanitized and neutered by Public Relations and Legal, and the SEC only lets you say certain things (virtually nothing of importance) when mergers are about to happen.  I wouldn't even call most of them facts, but rather diversions from the real facts being hidden.  I mean, big business is often a poker game, yes?

There are things that Chizen is dealing with right now that will determine how Adobe will "handle" its inheritance of the Macromedia product line, and they have absolutely nothing at all to do with any of us or how "cool" some people think ColdFusion is.  And federal law dictates that Chizen, as the leader of a publicly traded company, *must* act with sole regard to the betterment of his stockholders' financial positions, as long as those actions do not violate any laws.

So let's all stop being naive about ColdFusion's future having anything at all to do with current number of installations, how much you like it, how important it is to you, or anything else that a developer might see as important.

It may be hard to swallow, but nothing about you or what you do is of any importance to them whatsoever.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com