Hi Jan,

I think that you are writing about me. But I should point out that Sophi and
Regina here were extremely helpful and showed me the main_transform file which
puts the file name and path at the head of the text. Then I found the file I
wanted immediately.

I agree that meaningful file names might help - but in which language? Even US
and UK English may differ. And I've no idea what the Czech for "query" is!

An even higher barrier is that my system is based on Windows, and most of the
tools used here are Unix-based - you mention grep. There are almost certainly
Windows equivalents, but they take a bit of finding and don't always work too
well.

I appreciate your views, and your support for me, but I have to agree with
Martin.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:l...@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

Hi Martin,

We have just seen a guy interested in editing help, and this was one of
his struggles there - that he just couldn't find the help file he needs
to edit.  Asking him to grep all the main0123.xhp files (and alike) is
just as nice as telling him "go away, we don't want you" :-(

-----
Peter