Hi Jan,

Jan Holesovsky schrieb:
Hi Regina, all,

Regina Henschel píše v St 18. 11. 2015 v 21:32 +0100:

most of the file names are build of numbers and it
is hard to identify the relevant file.

That's indeed true :-)

I wonder - would a large scale rename to something more readable (like
eg. filename constructed from the <title> tag) be more appreciated by
people editing help?

If you need the file name of the help page you are currently viewing, then a little change in the main_transform.xsl is needed to show the actually path.

If you need the help page but only know UI strings or the uno command, then a search is needed anyway, because of embedding.

You need no "grep", if you work on Windows, but OpenGrok will be sufficient for searching now and then. And for a local copy of the help files, modern editors have a tool for searching in files.

I think, renaming is not needed and the effort is far too big.

We can consider to document in the Wiki, how to change the main_transform.xsl file to show the file path.

Kind regards
Regina