On 01.03.22 23:35, Rod Webster wrote:
The reason why I put this on the agenda is that I observed that the debian
project uncovered a number of licenses which we had to include in our
copyright statement that deviated from the standard GPL licence. I was
quite surprised at this. I would defer to Steffen on license issues and
compatibility.

For now I think we should make contact and make those assessments later.

I propose to write requesting membership of the ETG with the following
contacts
Myself - admin contact
Lead Developer - Nicklas
Steffan - Licensing and the Debian Project.

Please let me know if that sounds OK.

It is very nice of yours to consider me but I do not think I am needed
and Debian has this rule that anything good happening to the Open Source
world must not be bound to be Debian-specific, I would hence not want to
stress Debian too much / single it out. What may be good is to have
someone EtherCAT-savvy from Germany as a helper should whatever
communication problem arise or to open some backchannel to lure them
into sponsoring our devs with some hardware.

Someone "from here" please contact Ron. Should nobody surface then
please add me as "someone local in case this is helpful". I'll PM you
contact details.

Best,
Steffen