Well, I kind of agree.  Though it's not meant to be a blanket statement.  There
is real wisdom and enlightenment in Ff---but it's also a very mixed bag.  One
of the most "enlightened" groups I belong to is an international group of
mathematicians/scientists.  a

lurkernomore20002000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bhairitu:
 Many of the "mundane" (non yoga related) groups I'm on
 behave  more enlightened, balanced and sane than people here.  I'm
 sure others  have found this true too.
 Doesn't speak well for TM does it?

 Lurk:
 Big judgement.  I think it does speak well for this group.  Ever been
 to a quiet party?  It's pretty boring.  I'd rather have a active group
 dynamic that DOES require a little imposed discipline - if thats what
 it takes to keep things from degrading into pettiness.

 Bhairitu:
 Supposedly with TM that discipline is supposed to come from within.
 So what you are saying is it doesn't.

 Lurk:
 Bhairitu, let me tell you a secret I have learned, that has allowed me
 to be a little successful in my chosen field of sales.  People like to
 talk.  People LOVE to talk, espcially about themselves, especially
 about their opinions.  And if you are willing to listen, you will find
 ourself making a friend.  So, no, I don't think TM will instill enough
 self discipline to overcome this tendency.  And I don't view it as a
 failure of TM. I view it as a positive thing that people here have
 opinions, and POVs that they want to express.

 Just remember one thing.  God, (or whoever, or whatever), gave you two
 ears and one mouth for a reason.