Tim Hollebeek wrote:
 > Let's keep this discussion civil.  I know everyone has
 > their own personal agendas, but trashing other bright
 > people's work isn't necessary.

I have no idea of the merits of the work in dispute, but
in general trashing other bright people's work *is*
necessary.  There is much too much garbage, and not
nearly enough ridicule.

We need ridicule, and we need cracks.

We need a considerably more hostile environment.

What made science scientific was that Hobbes had to flee
the country, and Blondlot had to take "early retirement"

With a bit more nastiness in the air, we might not have
seen the Wifi debacle where the committee issued a
broken spec, then fixed it with an equally broken spec,
then abandoned compatibility to issue a spec which is
*still* broken in that offline dictionary attack is
possible and usually succeeds.