David Megginson writes:
> Curtis L. Olson wrote:
>
> > I definitely need the functionality to set up various initial
> > positions; in the air, on the ground, relative to different objects,
> > different headings, initial velocity, etc. etc.
>
> We can accomplish the same thing simply by saving a copy of part or all of
> the property tree and then reverting to it, without creating a separate,
> parallel hierarchy of properties for initial conditions.

In this scheme, how would you specify initial conditions?  You'd still
need some way to do that?  If we are doing this by "saving" a portion
of the property tree, that would seem to imply that we'd have to fly
to whatever initial conditions we wanted and then save them so we
could go there later.  I need to be able to specify initial conditions
via the property interface, then "reset/retrim" the aircraft at those
new arbitrary conditions.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org