Curtis L. Olson writes:

> David Megginson writes:
> > Yes, reset and save/restore are a bit broken in FlightGear right now.  I'll
> > try to fix them when I have a chance, but it will require a bit of
> > refactoring (removing Curt's initial-state stuff, for example).
>
> I definitely need the functionality to set up various initial
> positions; in the air, on the ground, relative to different objects,
> different headings, initial velocity, etc. etc.

I don't see any conflict in goals here, after all sitting at the end of
the runway, headed in the right direction with engines idlling is just
a 'specific' instance of Curt's more general requirements,  which I
would think would include being 'resettable' without having to restart
the SIM :-)

Norman