Norman Vine writes:
> Curtis L. Olson writes:
> >
> > David Megginson writes:
> > > Yes, reset and save/restore are a bit broken in FlightGear right now.  I'll
> > > try to fix them when I have a chance, but it will require a bit of
> > > refactoring (removing Curt's initial-state stuff, for example).
> >
> > I definitely need the functionality to set up various initial
> > positions; in the air, on the ground, relative to different objects,
> > different headings, initial velocity, etc. etc.
>
> I don't see any conflict in goals here, after all sitting at the end of
> the runway, headed in the right direction with engines idlling is just
> a 'specific' instance of Curt's more general requirements,  which I
> would think would include being 'resettable' without having to restart
> the SIM :-)

I believe these things are resetable without restarting the sim.  We
don't have a very high level interface for it at the moment, but it is
doable.  The only thing we can't change with restarting the sim right
now is the aircraft.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org