Andreas Delmelle wrote:
On 07 Jun 2009, at 12:45, nancy_b wrote:

Hi Andreas,

Hi Nancy,

Could I ask the last question in this long thread please?
Why are the Symbol and Zapfdiongbat fonts unavailable in italic/bold
version?

Hmm... To be honest, I don't know the precise reason. On the other hand, I just played with some other Webdings fonts in OS X TextEdit, and none of them seem to allow formatting the characters in bold/ italic either. What would a user expect as output for a scissor in italic or bold?

Main point remains: FOP should probably just silently revert to 'normal' for the style/weight for those font-families.

Not sure I agree with you on this point. FOP should not silently revert to normal variants of any Font. A warning should be issued so the user knows there is a mistake in their XSL-FO - albeit a minor one.

Thank you a lot in advance for building fop.jar for me. You are so  kind!
:clap:

No problem at all. To tell you the truth, if one has the environment set up correctly, that is just a one-minute job...

Thanks,

Chris