On 05 Jun 2009, at 14:20, Nicolae Marasoiu wrote:

Hi Nicolae

I use a font, as attached (automatically templating-generated FO source, FOP config, ttf font, metrics xml). When generating PNG image things are stable. When outputing pdf, from local app, it is also stable. When outputing pdf from webapp, the following error occurs frequently, which can be overcame by overriding the ttf file and restarting the web app.

What do you mean by 'overriding' the TTF file? Is the one in the webapp context different?

BTW: Which FOP version are you using? If 0.95, then you should normally no longer need a separate metrics file, as FOP will generate it on-the-fly, as long as it has access to the font file and is configured to detect it.

See: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html#basics

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger error Failed to embed font [metrics-url=ocrb.xml, embed-url=IDAutomationSOCRb.ttf, kerning=false] EAAAAC+IDAutomationSOCRb java.io.EOFException: Reached EOF, file size=41495 offset=132362

Can't say I've seen this one before... Do you get this error every time, or only on the second or subsequent runs?

Regards

Andreas