People are rightly livid with the gas and electric utilities here in
California, but the state is doing better than other states on renewables.
More than half the grid is solar during the day.  Large installations of
batteries are in use and investments in offshore wind are expanding.

From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of cody dooderson
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2024 4:27 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Bad news about the climate

I am convinced that in the next 30 years, there will be some massive
geo-engineering projects to reverse the course of climate change. We can only
hope that they will be well thought out. Harvard has a geoengineering program
with a nice web page. I check it from time to time and it helps me feel a bit
more optimistic about the future.

_ Cody Smith _
c...@simtable.com<mailto:c...@simtable.com>

On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 3:11 PM Jochen Fromm