She is correct. The IPCC reports are also very conservative.

An informal poll of the IPCC representatives gave 2.5C as the likeliest
final temp rise. That is a huge amount, however probably not enough to
eliminate humanity.

We are turning the corner: carbon emissions have plateaued.

However passing through a tipping point seems still quite likely to me.

Pearce's With Speed and Violence gives a great overview of the science and
what the evidence of past climate transitions looks like.

https://books.google.com/books?id=rimrkFlTHn4C&pg=PT1&source=kp_read_button&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&gboemv=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

      Curt

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam