All households in Delhi get 200 free units per month per meter, and
the next 200 units at 50%.
We have 2 meters (1 for lighting and 1 for power), so 400 free units and
400 more at half price.
This winter was a bit colder than usual so I exceeded the free allowance in
December on my power meter. and had to pay $15.
It also helps that our Govt was pragmatic and kept buying cheap oil from
Russia.