Hi Charles,

That is certainly part of it. Outputting text to speech is simpler for
a developer to do when there is a standard method for doing it such as
with SAPI which should be installed on every machine from XP on up by
default. With screen readers there are so many and each has its own
method for handling text that it rather complicates the process unless
a person uses something like Universal Speech which is fine for free
games but I haven't looked into using it in commercial projects. In
any case it has always been simpler for me to use SAPI or to just use
prerecorded speech than to develop a wrapper for each and every screen
reader in existence.