Hi Dark,

Well, it is certainly true the cost of most Sapi voices have gone down
in price. Most are reasonably priced about $30 to $45 USD which is
well within a person's budget. At least most of the time.

However, I disagree about Microsoft Mike, Mary, and Sam. In my opinion
those are some of the absolutely worst voices on the market, and I am
personally glad Microsoft finally discontinued them. The voices on
Windows 8 are much more human sounding, and are almost as good as the
Vocalizer voices. Even if someone doesn't want to upgrade to Windows 8
there are much better voices available for XP than the default
Microsoft Sapi voices, and I can't really blame anyone for hating Sapi
if all they have is the garbage voices like Mike, Mary, and Sam. I
think if I were in that situation I'd take Eloquence over something
like Mike or Sam myself.

Cheers!