On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Josef Kufner <jkuf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is a better way, but it would be a bit more  complicated
> to implement. I wonder if it is a bit too complex for a simple
> use-cases. It is called "block programming". It is quite an old idea:
> https://josef.kufner.cz/publications/2014.kufner.cascade.pdf
Sounds familiar. I had been using similar method for video processing.
That was DirecShow technology and it was vulnerable to so called
"codec hell". So we (the team I worked with) had to build filter graph
"by hands" explicitly by unique IDs of codecs. For Unix there is
GStreamer. I'm not sure if it's possible to use it for static images,
maybe wrapped as a video key frame?