Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> I'll try to create a map for all overlays in layman-global.txt as a next
> step.  Layman and shell tools should help with that.

Believe it or not: discs space issues disallow me to have an answer
already.  The code is there, I just cannot checkout all overlays at the
same time :-(

Maybe anybody else could run below commands before I find time to fix
the disc space thing.

High level view:

  - Checkout the mismatch detector script
  - Backup the set of names of your current overlays
  - Add all overlays
  - Run the script
  - Remove all overlays
  - Restore the set of original overlays

Low level view:

  # git clone git://git.goodpoint.de/smolt-gentoo.git
  # cd smolt-gentoo
  # git checkout -b gentoo origin/gentoo
  # cd client/distros/gentoo

  # layman -l > my_active_overlays.txt
  # sudo layman -f
  # sudo layman -a ALL
  # python _mismatch.py | tee repo_name_analysis.txt
  # sudo layman -d ALL
  # sed 's|^[^ ]* \([^ ]\+\).*$|\1|' my_active_overlays.txt | \
      xargs -n 1 sudo layman -a

The output produces line like

  MISMATCH "gentoo-china" (layman-global) versus "china" (repo_name)

Please share the resulting repo_name_analysis.txt with us.

I guess it all sounds a bit odd, but maybe it's fun to you and we have
an answer faster.  I have 17 mismatches here already.

Sebastian