Am 22.04.2013 14:31, schrieb Michael Mol:
> On 04/22/2013 05:40 AM, Michael Hampicke wrote:

snip

> What I'm really looking for, though, is a list of all the devices the
> qemu/kvm host can emulate, and the most-specific guest driver. I.e. If I
> wanted to make a generic kernel configuration that contained the optimum
> drivers for all possible qemu/kvm configurations, what would be the
> minimum feature set?

Sorry I misunderstood you. I know that somewhere deep within some
documentation I saw such a list, but I cannot find it now (maybe it was
libvirt or in the IBM best practices docs?).

Here's list of devices that I know of, which kvm can emulate.

net: e1000, ne2000, rtl8139, pcnet, virtio
video: spice/qxl, vmnet (needs guest driver from vmware), cirrus, xen, vga
io: virtio, ata_piix, sata ahci

Do you also care about stuff like sound cards?