On 04/22/2013 09:03 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:

> qxl is the guest video driver for "spice", a vnc/rdesktop like
> connection to the guest either via the libvirt console, or across the
> network vnc fashion.   Its supposed to be "great", but maybe I need to
> tune it some more as I cant see much of an advantage over the other two yet.

The benefit over SDL is that copy/paste works. The benefit over VNC is
that it's a little more responsive. The downside is that it's more
complicated, and nothing is ever documented, naturally.

I have to tack this junk onto each VM (and choose a unique port):

  qemu-kvm \
  -vga qxl     \
  -spice port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing \
  -device virtio-serial-pci \
  -device virtserialport,chardev=spicechannel0,name=com.redhat.spice.0 \
  -chardev spicevmc,id=spicechannel0,name=vdagent \

Afterwards I can connect with,

  spicec -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5900 &