On 04/04/2017 02:56 PM, Kai Krakow wrote:
> Am Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:28:23 -0600
> schrieb the...@sys-concept.com:

[snip]

>> I have reconnected another cable and the unit in remote location
>> works. Both cable have a good pinout but one is working and the other
>> is not. Both cable are sunning inside wall (I presume same path).
>> Without special tools/testing equipment it is hard to trace these
>> problems.
>
> You could try the problematic cable with only 100 MBit. If this works,
> I'm pretty sure that some of the wires are broken or have incorrect
> order. Keep in mind, tho, that the inverse assumption of such tests is
> not true.

Yes, the testing took was cheap it came with the stripper.
Though, if the cable order was wrong, wouldn't the light on the tester
jump in different order?  The light on the tester lights up
sequentially, so I assume the order is correct.  Besides that "bad"
cable was working OK for a day.
And yes, the room the cable is passing by has all kind or x-ray machine.

I'll try to test it 100Mbit (limit the speed); just need to find out how.

--
Thelma.