On Tue, 05 May 2009 17:49:06 +0100
Graham Murray <gra...@gmurray.org.uk> wrote:

> Michael Higgins <li...@evolone.org> writes:
>
> > Is there a useful Gentoo document anyone might suggest describing
> > how one *connects to* a VPN device of the 'Microsoft' flavour "with
> > IPSEC"?
>
> I do not know about a Gentoo document,

I've been working on this for *waaaaay* too long, with no apparent success. I
have racoon and l2tpt running, but no network addresses in the VPN.

Does anyone understand the actual procedure(s) for making a VPN like, l2tp,
IPSEC "pre-shared secret" connection, and wish to elaborate just a bit on the
issues (config files, possible values) involved?

I mean, the ebuild for ipsec-tools doesn't even put in half the config files...
as if any of this could work at all without them?

Any help appreciated. :(

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /