On Tue, 19 May 2009 13:57:21 -0500
Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Based on a brief googling I didn't see anyone who has a working
> connection to a Checkpoint VPN.

Thanks, Paul. I've already the "solution", as I'm not so much trying to get
something accomplished (access machines "inside" which I can do just fine with
SSH tunnel), as to figure out why we have these various, related, open source
software packages available but no basic client-to-corporate "real-world"
implementations specifically outlined for the Gentoo community -- that I can
find. :(

Just a definitive answer to "which Gentoo packages and USE flags to I need to
emerge so to do this"? .. would be a HUGE help (as weeks later I *still* don't
know for sure). And if 60%+ of the folks following it got lucky with
cut-n-paste from a how-to, then... great!

Say if all the related items were configured, tested and ultimately failed, if
documented publicly it'd at the least serve as a good template for anyone else
trying to troubleshoot a VPN connection when using Gentoo on a client machine.

Or, should I instead, just go outside and play? I thought someone else here had
hoped to make something like this work... ;-)

Anyway, thanks again for taking a look.

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /