On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Michael Higgins <li...@evolone.org> wrote:
> My next step is to get on the phone with the folks who have access to the
> "checkpoint" VPN device to see if they can tell me what fails.

Based on a brief googling I didn't see anyone who has a working
connection to a Checkpoint VPN. They (used to?) have a linux version
of their Checkpoint Securemote client but that seems to be gone from
their site now with only Windows and Mac OS X versions showing. The
accepted "solution" seemed to be to use SSH to tunnel your traffic
through a Windows machine (either real or virtual) which is connected
to the VPN.