First they came for the custom attachments, and I did not speak out.
Because I did not use it.
Then they came for fast respawn, and I did not speak out. Because I did not
use it.
Then they came for increased slots, and I did not speak out. Because I did
not use it.
Then they came for the MOTD, and I did not speak out. Because it would hurt
others more than me.
Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.

This is a repeat of the "Custom Tabs" fiasco. Except Valve probably won't
remove it this time because they can wave the evidence that a minority of
players use quickplay, despite the fact that quickplay has a monopoly on
new players and without them your server is dead. Your current players
won't play TF2 forever.

I saw this coming a mile away when Valve released the cl_connectmethod
convar. As I have said time and time again, Valve has obligations to server
owners as well as players. We, or at least I, bought TF2  expecting not to
have our hosting abilities crippled so much.