Sure the new quickplay stuff is opt-out, like the player slots
restriction that was added to CS:S; but it's hopefully a remembered
setting and one time thing.

This is probably a horrible time, but honestly I'm glad to see Valve
is reverting their decision to jump into bed with Pinion. I can't wait
for their ad-powered L4D and L4D2 servers to disappear. I can't really
blame any communities because it's not like they came up with the idea
on their own. Valve started promoting the usage with their `Quickplay`
servers, and it went from there into other games. Reverting it now
seems to be a half-handed action...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32478884&postcount=11
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33551508&postcount=13

Hell, they even have a special user-group on SPUF.

Not to be that guy, but I think ProdigySim said it best:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32997278&postcount=12 .

They're still trying to recruit communities too. About 9? months ago
they (Pinion Arthur) contacted myself and a few others on Steam to add
their plugin to our servers...

Hopefully we'll see a day where Valve becomes unified and stops
officially supporting Ads in games, without cabbals inner-fighting and
sending mixed messages to everyone.

Forever waiting,
Kyle.