McKay, we don't appreciate being categorized with those other groups and it
doesn't help the case to restore quickplay. Your own community already has
enough servers to be considered a "server chain" yet you do not even have
the DDoS protection or custom game modes that we do. We do not have a large
amount of servers to be greedy, rather the economies of scale makes it
possible to provide higher quality servers. If you want to restore
quickplay please remain on topic, but don't use us as a scapegoat.

For those of you arguing if such a high percentage of people use quickplay,
then community servers weren't providing any value at all? If this was true
you would expect Valve servers to be as equally full as the top community
servers. TF2 server ranking websites would be filled with Valve servers
like CS:GO but they were not.

Cutting off new players to all community servers will kill even established
communities. Even custom modes will be less populated because of Valve's
efforts to make it more difficult for new people to realize there are
community servers.

If Valve wants to provide the best experience to players they should let
community servers compete on equal footing with official servers.