That's the great thing about this. Valve hated seeing players on 32 player,
no crit servers, instant respawn, custom map, etc servers. So they added
Quickplay to filter this out. Then they said if you run your server close
to vanilla you'll be able to get this traffic as well. The traffic that
those who run modified servers will be excluded from.

And now they took it all away. So that's what you get for doing what they
ask. Now I hope I'm wrong with this and they do something about it. But who
knows. It's been building up towards this anyway. Starting with the custom
tab years back.

Goodjob to those that were able to run customized servers and populate them
without quickplay. Those kind of servers are needed to keep people
interested and playing this game longer. Even those of us with mostly stock
servers appreciate the service provided by these custom servers.