On 05/02/2014 17:53, ics wrote:
Some time has now passed since Valve defaulted quickplay to Valve servers only on TF2 and we are taking the hit. Roughly half of our servers it now empty. Changes daily which servers have players and which have not so it's not really a lack of people not knowing them are there but lack of players one and nobody enters. They switch to fuller servers and since there isn't much new players entering automatically and regulars are hesitant to enter empty ones, this is where we are.

So after running servers for TF2 since the game came out, this is what i get, go away message? You don't want me to run servers anylonger? I don't run crap on servers or advertisements or any mods, except for administration between servers. Thanks a lot, Valve.

I notice lots of Americans on Valve's EU servers off peak. Starting about now (11pm GMT) which might suggest QP is broken
if it's sending people to the wrong country.

These aren't even East coast 99 pings, it's 200-350 pings.
Maybe a few from South America too.

Unless all Valve's USA servers are full and so QP is putting them on EU?

If the latter is the case it doesn't make much sense because 22 people playing with 200+ ping
when there are presumably local servers sitting empty.

Locality should override any checkbox or choice the user makes, unless they actually say "Connect me to that server"

IMO there's no point connecting to a server thats >50, but I suppose you could stretch that higher, but it's
definitely not worth playing when it gets over 100.

--
Dan